“Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.” — Colossians 1:12
This is our prayer as we prepare to travel to Cape Town, South Africa in less than twenty-four hours!
We ask that He will strengthen us to go, God’s chosen ones, in the knowledge not of who we are in ourselves, but who He is through us. We pray that we will be clothed in Christ’s compassion for the world. We ask that His kindness will shine through our words and actions — that we may be instruments of His grace and love. May we exhibit His gentleness and patience as we serve.
Our Cape Town team will have many opportunities for service over the next ten days. We will be serving with construction, orphan care activities, and women’s ministry. In all that we do, we hope to be shining lights of His love and hope.
Will you pray with us and for us? We would be so grateful to be sent with your prayers.
Please join us in prayer that–
- Our hands and feet will be agents of help that point only to Jesus.
- We will encounter a person (persons) of peace that will come alongside the continued ministry in Cape Town with Home from Home.
- God will bless the foster Mums and the children and provide for their needs; that they will grow in the grace and knowledge of Christ.
- We will know a sweet spirit of family unity amongst our mission team.
- We will be hemmed in on every side with God’s protection and guidance.
- Our team will remain healthy and able to serve for the entire trip.
Thank you for being hands that help send!
He is Faithful,
Cynthia and the Cape Town Team